“How is the freshman class?” is a question I’m never sure how to respond to. Sometimes I answer with numbers, because I’m something of a data geek. In that case, I might say that this year’s ninth graders include 46 girls and 41 boys. They come from 38 different middle schools, including 20 students who are the only representatives from their middle schools. Sometimes I might describe the class by their shared passions. Before this school year began, I noted that the Class of 2016 had many very talented athletes, was super smart and curious (even by our standards), and was filled with kind, good-hearted young people. But the person behind the question “How is the freshman class?” is usually asking about their well-being. Now that they are here, I can say that this is a happy, joyous bunch. While it’s true that the novelty of starting high school hasn’t worn off, and there is much hard work yet to be done, I can practically feel the positive energy and excitement from this group. It all started off at the ninth-grade retreat in August. You can see for yourself what a good time they had!
- JV Volleyball 🏐: Prep 2 (W) vs. Redwood Christian 0 Varsity Volleyball 🏐: Prep 3 (W) vs. Redwood Christian 2 Go Cougars!🐾🐾 22 hours ago
- Class of '19 tie-dying t-shirts in preparation for Spirit Week. 3 days ago
- Varsity Soccer ⚽️: Prep (W) vs. St. Joes Go Cougars!! 🐾🐾 3 days ago
- Women's JV Volleyball 🏐: Prep vs. Bentley (W) Women's Varsity Volleyball 🏐: Prep 3 (W) vs. Bentley 0 GO COUGARS! 5 days ago
- Boy's Varsity Soccer ⚽️: Prep 3 (W) vs. Redwood Christian 1 (L) Women's Varsity Tennis 🎾: Prep vs. Bentley (W) 5 days ago