“How is the freshman class?” is a question I’m never sure how to respond to. Sometimes I answer with numbers, because I’m something of a data geek. In that case, I might say that this year’s ninth graders include 46 girls and 41 boys. They come from 38 different middle schools, including 20 students who are the only representatives from their middle schools. Sometimes I might describe the class by their shared passions. Before this school year began, I noted that the Class of 2016 had many very talented athletes, was super smart and curious (even by our standards), and was filled with kind, good-hearted young people. But the person behind the question “How is the freshman class?” is usually asking about their well-being. Now that they are here, I can say that this is a happy, joyous bunch. While it’s true that the novelty of starting high school hasn’t worn off, and there is much hard work yet to be done, I can practically feel the positive energy and excitement from this group. It all started off at the ninth-grade retreat in August. You can see for yourself what a good time they had!
- Happy last day of school—have a terrific summer! fb.me/1f6HbK2pG 3 weeks ago
- Congrats to Brianna '17 who ran the 1600 in 4:53:85 at the NCS Meet of Champions this past weekend. Brianna is... fb.me/1rmjmPjeK 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations to Grant Fairbairn ’17 who was named the male recipient of the 2017 USGA-AJGA Presidents’... fb.me/1dfbYvTK5 1 month ago
- Community Action Team, Racial Justice Division, organize a community photo wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts... fb.me/1DWI83H8s 1 month ago
- Freshmen in the Connections and Advising Program (CAP) mark the end of the year with a piñata celebration! 1 month ago