The retreat program at College Prep often produces lasting memories for our students. Each class goes on a one-night overnight retreat each year. These class-bonding trips focus on different aspects of the student/adolescent experience and are an annual highlight for students and chaperons alike. Part of the Senior Retreat every year involves inviting a few members of the prior year’s graduating class to talk to the soon-to-be graduates about their transition to college. At this year’s retreat, I was lucky enough to catch up with two members of the class of 2008, Justin S. and Tia F. They shared some thoughts with me about how College Prep readied them for college and about their transition from middle school to high school four years earlier.
- Happy last day of school—have a terrific summer! fb.me/1f6HbK2pG 3 weeks ago
- Congrats to Brianna '17 who ran the 1600 in 4:53:85 at the NCS Meet of Champions this past weekend. Brianna is... fb.me/1rmjmPjeK 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations to Grant Fairbairn ’17 who was named the male recipient of the 2017 USGA-AJGA Presidents’... fb.me/1dfbYvTK5 1 month ago
- Community Action Team, Racial Justice Division, organize a community photo wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts... fb.me/1DWI83H8s 1 month ago
- Freshmen in the Connections and Advising Program (CAP) mark the end of the year with a piñata celebration! 1 month ago