The retreat program at College Prep often produces lasting memories for our students. Each class goes on a one-night overnight retreat each year. These class-bonding trips focus on different aspects of the student/adolescent experience and are an annual highlight for students and chaperons alike. Part of the Senior Retreat every year involves inviting a few members of the prior year’s graduating class to talk to the soon-to-be graduates about their transition to college. At this year’s retreat, I was lucky enough to catch up with two members of the class of 2008, Justin S. and Tia F. They shared some thoughts with me about how College Prep readied them for college and about their transition from middle school to high school four years earlier.
- Today, College Prep hosted a professional development writing workshop run by the Bard College Institute for Writing & Thinking. 6 days ago
- Student-led letter writing campaign in protest of gun violence. 1 week ago
- College Prep students and faculty walk out in memory of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting... fb.me/88r6XpUw6 1 week ago
- Students name the Parkland victims, one a minute for 17 minutes #ParklandStrong #NeverAgainIsNow https://t.co/mMjCFDr2ru 1 week ago
- College Prep students and faculty walk out and stage a die in. #neveragain #ParklandStrong https://t.co/WRj85TZ1Zm 1 week ago